Last year’s resolution “if I buy a bag of salad–I eat a bag of salad” was moderately successful. Only a few withered leaves fed the compost bin in 2012. It helped that I started to grow lettuce instead.
This year I’m making some reading resolutions, including:
- Read some non-fiction about Napoleon. I’d like to know more about that guy (and his wars) from a perspective that doesn’t involve Sean Bean.
- Read some poetry. Try to appreciate it.
- Read a tear-jerker. I have vintage handkerchiefs I’ve never used.
- Read some fan-fiction. Yes, really. Is fan-fiction even still a thing? I haven’t read any since I was in love with Fox Mulder.
- Read the rest of A Clash of Kings so I can get to A Storm of Swords–I hit a wall with that book, but Game of Thrones will be back on eventually and I can’t handle any more gory surprises.
- Read some award winners. Librarians love to talk about award winners and I need chit-chat fodder.
Do you have any reading resolutions you’d like to share?
Oh, yeah, and Happy New Year’s! –Lori